Hyderabad: In view of Sri Jagadamba Mahankali Golkonda Bonalu Celebrations-22, the Cyberabad traffic police have made some traffic arrangements to ensure smooth traffic flow.
Bonalu festival is observed with poojas where the devotees offer bonam to the Goddess on Thursdays and Sundays during the Aashadam month. During this time, the Jagadambika Temple atop the Golconda Fort is expected to witness a large number of devotees to attend the celebrations from all over the city of Hyderabad and surrounding villages on the following dates from 8am to 11pm: June 30, July 3, July 7, July 10, July 14, July 17, July 21, July 24 and July 28.
Heavy traffic congestion is expected at the following three routes leading to Golconda Fort.
1. Ramdevguda to Golconda Fort (via) Makkai Darwaza.
2. Langar Houz to Golconda Fort (via) Fathe Darwaza.
3. Shikpet Nala, Seven Tombs to Golconda Fort (via) Banjara Darwaza.
The traffic police advised commutters to avoid the above routes and take alternative options.
Here are the parking arrangements made for the convenience of the devotees attending Bonalu celebrations at Golconda fort:
1. The Devotees coming from Ramdevguda side towards Golconda Fort via Makkai Darwaza are requested to park their two wheeler vehicles from the stretch of Ashoorkhana to Military Sentry point, whereas the four wheelers shall park at Ashoorkhana Parking Place and Military Ground Opp: AOC Center Ramdevguda.
2. The Devotees coming from Langar Houz towards Golconda Fort are requested to park their two & three wheelers vehicles in HUDA Park, whereas four wheelers should park their vehicles at Owaisi Ground or Foot Ball/Boys Ground by entering Fathe Darwaza and taking right turn of Al-Rahman Medical Hall and proceed to the parking places.
3. The Devotees coming from Shaikpet, Seven Tombs towards Golconda Fort are requested to park their Two & Three wheeler vehicles at Priyadarshini School, Area Hospital and Golconda Bus Stop, whereas four wheeler vehicles shall proceed from Banjara Darwaza by taking left turn towards Golconda Police Station road and park their Vehicles at Foot Ball/Boys Ground or Owaisi Ground.
The Hyderabad traffic police requested the devotees to take note of the diversions and alloted parking places and plan their travel accordingly.