Hyderabad: Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao has announced three-day celebrations to mark the 75th liberation day. The TRS has also said that it will observe the day as National Integration Day.
Here's a list of all the events planned for Hyderabad Liberation Day on 17 September:
· On 16 September, TRS will conduct rallies, and processions with youth, women, and students followed by meetings in all Assembly constituencies. On 17 September, the Chief Minister will attend a flag hoisting ceremony at the Public Gardens. On the same day, the national flag will be hoisted at all government offices.
· The Adivasi and Komaram Bheem Bhavans will be inaugurated at Banjara Hills on 17 September. A rally by folk artists, tribal public representatives, and leaders will be organised from Peoples Plaza to NTR Stadium by the TRS along with a public meeting at NTR Stadium by KCR.
· On 18 September, cultural programmes will be organized and freedom fighters and artists will be felicitated.
· BJP has announced a year-long celebration. Union Home minister Amit Shah will kickstart the celebrations on 17 September in Hyderabad. The Chief Ministers of Karnataka and Maharashtra have been invited to Hyderabad for the event.
· Congress has also decided to hold a year-long celebration to mark Hyderabad's merger with the Union of India.
· AIMIM Chief Asaduddin Owaisi said that the party will organise a bike rally on 16 September after Friday prayers in the old city. Naming it the 'Tiranga rally', Owaisi said that the rally will begin from Mir Alam Eidgah, Tadban at 1.30 p.m. A public meeting and flag hoisting will be held at Teegalkunta crossroads. Earlier, the AIMIM chief had written to the Center requesting it to call Hyderabad Liberation Day as National Integration Day.