Hyderabad: An Anganwadi worker’s husband was electrocuted and the helper suffered grievous wounds when Telangana state formation day celebrations went horribly wrong at Daulatabad in Siddipet district.
Official sources said the Anganwadi worker’s husband, who was involved in the preparations, was killed when he touched a live electric wire while trying to hoist a flag on an electric pole.
The helper sustained severe burns. She was rushed to Yashoda hospital at Secunderabad for treatment.
Finance Minister T Harish Rao expressed shock over the incident. He announced an immediate compensation of Rs 5 lakh to her family and assured all help from the government.
Meanwhile, he announced that the treatment expenses of the helper would be borne by the government and directed Yashoda hospital to provide her the best treatment.