Hyderabad: Parliamentarian Y.S Avinash Reddy, a relative of Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y.S Jagan Mohan Reddy, has the lowest attendance record in the 17th Lok Sabha so far, revealed an analysis by PRS Legislative.
The two-time parliamentarian Mr. Avinash Reddy represents Kadapa constituency in Rayalseema. He registered 32 per cent attendance, the lowest of all MPs from Andhra Pradesh, according to PRS legislative. However, the 36- year-old MP who participated in one debate has asked 146 questions.
Mr. Avinash Reddy is closely followed by another YSRCP MP Suresh Nandigam representing Bapatla constituency in Andhra Pradesh. Mr. Suresh has 45% attendance, has asked zero questions, and has participated in one debate session. He is probably the only MP from Andhra Pradesh who has not asked a single question in the 17th Lok Sabha so far.
On the other hand, rebel YSRCP MP Kanumuru Raghu Rama Krishna Raju who is currently embroiled in multi-crore bank fraud cases has 96% attendance, the highest of all. He is followed by TDP MPs Jayadev Galla and Kesineni Srinivas with 89% attendance each.
PRS Legislative Research is an independent non-profit organization that keeps a track of Parliament's functioning. It independently records the attendance of parliamentarians, their participation in debates, bills, and more. PRS with its date envisages making the Indian legislative process better informed. It analyzed the attendance and Parliament participation of 25 MPs from Andhra Pradesh. However it is to recall that owing to covid lockdown, few parliament sessions were suspended.
Andhra Pradesh MPs who have shown high participation are TDP MP Jayadev Galla who participated in 54 debates and asked 133 questions; rebel YSRCP MP Kanumuru Raghu Rama Krishna Raju (50 debates, 145 questions); and Kakinada YSRCP MP Vanga Geethaviswanatham who has questioned the government on 173 occasions and participated in 37 debates.
Table : Parliamentarians and their participation in the 17th Lok Sabha ( as on 2nd August 2021)
1. Nellor MP Adala Prabhakar Reddy: Attendance – 71 %, debates-2, questions- 80
2. Machilipatnam MP Balashowry Vallabhaneni: Attendance- 81%, debates-6, questions- 132
3. Tirupati MP Balli Durga Prasad Rao: Attendance- 79%,debates-11, questions- 46
4. Anakapalli MP Beesetti Venkata Satyavathi : Attendance- 88%, debates- 38, questions- 75
5. Vizianagaram MP Bellana Chandra Sekhar: Attendance- 68%, debates-12, questions -107
6. Amalapuram MP Chinta Anuradha: Attendance-62 %, debates-13 , questions- 52
7. Araku MP Goddeti Madhavi: Attendance- 82 %, debates -19, questions-22.
8. Guntur MP Jayadev Galla: Attendance- 89%, debates- 54, questions-133
9. Narsapuram MP Kanumuru Raghu Rama Krishna Raju: Attendance-96%, debates-50, questions 145
10. Narasaraopet MP Lavu Sri Krishna Devarayula : Attendance- 84 %, debates- 36, questions- 103
11. Hindupur MP- Kuruva Gorantla Madhav: Attendance- 75 %, debates-17 , questions- 76
12. Vijaywada MP Kesineni Srinivas: Attendance- 89%, debates-14, questions- 77
13. Vishakapatnam MP M.V.V Satyanarayana: Attendance- 69%, debates-1, questions -75
14. Ongole MP Magunta Srinivasula Reddy : Attendance- 70%, debates-16, questions- 162
15. Rajamundry MP Margani Bharat Ram:Attendance- 68%, debates- 27,questions – 89
16. Nandyal MP Pocha Brahmananda Reddy : Attendance- 76%, debates- 12, questions- 76
17. Rajampet MP P.V Mithun Reddy: Attendance- 75%, debates-17, questions- 108
18. Chittoor MP N Reddeppa : Attendance- 82%, debates- 7, questions- 95
19. Srikakulam MP- Ram Mohan Naidu Kinjarapu- Attendance- 79%, debates-49, questions -99
20. Kurnool MP A Sanjeev Kumar: Attendance- 71 %, debates-3, questions 53.
21. Eluru MP Sridhar Kotagiri: Attendance- 72 %, debates-11, questions- 119
22. Bapatla MP Suresh Nandigam: Attendance- 45%, debates-1, questions -0
23. Anantapur MP T Rangaiah : Attendance- 86%, debates-13, questions- 69
24. Kakinada MP Vanga Geethaviswanatham : Attendance- 68%, debates- 37, questions- 173
25. Kadapa MP YS Avinash Reddy: Attendance- 32%, debates-1, questions - 146