Hyderabad: Ahead of the 2024 elections, the time has come for Pawan Kalyan’s ‘Varahi’ to hit the roads. Jana Sena party chief Pawan Kalyan will perform ‘Vahana Pooja’ for his election campaign vehicle ‘Varahi’ on 24 January. He will do the puja at Kondagattu Anjaneya Swamy temple in Karimnagar, Telangana.
The pooja was initially planned for 2 January but was postponed.
Pawan Kalyan specially selected Kondagutta Anjaneya Swamy temple for the pooja as he believes that this deity safely rescued him during his 2009 elections campaign in Karimnagar when a high-tension cable wire fell on him. He believes in beginning his most important election campaign from this temple.
Later, Pawan Kalyan will meet some of the leaders in Telangana and discuss the election campaign and their targets.
Pawan Kalyan will also start the yatra of 32 Narasimha Kshetras. For this, he will perform pooja at Dharmapuri Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Kshetra in Jagtial district and continue his yatra to 31 kshetras.
Varahi, the special vehicle designed with high-security measures using modern technology, will be Pawan Kalyan’s election campaign vehicle. During the vehicle launch, Pawan Kalyan landed in trouble after objections were raised about the color of the vehicle. YSRCP leader Perni Nani raised objections saying olive green, the colour of the vehicle, cannot be used by any private vehicle except for the Army.
According to the Motor Vehicle Act, none other than the Army can use olive green.
However, the Telangana transport department explained that the color of Varahi is not olive green but emerald green. They said PK’s vehicle has all the permissions, given the registration number TS13 EX 8384.
· Varahi has specialized lighting and modern sound systems.
· The vehicle is designed with high-security measures using modern technology.
· Noticing previous vindictive actions, such as switching off lights during Pawan Kalyan’s Vizag tour, a special lighting system has been installed in the vehicle.
· Varahi has CCTV cameras on all sides that can relay real-time footage recorded from the place where the meeting is scheduled to the server in real-time.
· The modern sound system will help thousands of people hear Pawan Kalyan’s speeches clearly.