42 students of Nandyala school suffer food poisoning after consuming mid-day meal

On Friday, 92 students had lunch at the school. Soon after some of the students started vomiting. Locals rushed the sick students to the Nandyal Government Hospital.

By Newsmeter Network  Published on  11 March 2022 11:47 AM GMT
42 students of Nandyala school suffer food poisoning after consuming mid-day meal

Kurnool: As many as 42 students of Vishwanagar primary school in Nandyala town, Kurnool district, fell sick allegedly due to food poisoning after consuming mid-day meals on Friday afternoon.

On Friday, 92 students had lunch at the school. Soon after some of the students started vomiting. Locals rushed the sick students to the Nandyal Government Hospital.

DEO Rangareddy visited the hospital. Preliminary investigation revealed that the students fell sick after eating spoiled eggs. He said strict action will be implemented against those responsible.

According to medical superintendent Vijay Kumar, the students were brought to the hospital complaining of vomiting. They said they had had sambar and egg for lunch. All the students are fine and will be discharged after treatment, he said.

Next Story
Share it