The stage is set to administer booster dose to health workers and sixty-plus people with comorbidities in the state.
The Director of Public Health issued a notification to administer a 'precaution dose' (booster dose) to Health Care Workers (HCWs), Frontline Workers (FLWs), and people above 60 years from January 10. As per the data available, four crore people have got the first dose. Around 76 % of people are fully vaccinated in the state.
All the District Collectors, Joint Collectors, DM&HOs & DIOs have been asked to follow the guidelines:
1. Precaution dose for Health Care Workers (HCWs), Frontline Workers (FLWs), and 60 years and above, who have completed 9 months (39 weeks) from the second dose, will start from January 10.
2. For people 60 and above, ANMs and ASHAs shall prepare the precaution dose list.
3. ANMs will vaccinate these persons at Village/Ward Sachivalayam from 10 January to 13 January and complete the same in saturation mode.
4. For all field staff of the Health, Medical & Family Welfare Department (HM&FW) and Women and Child Welfare Department, vaccination shall be conducted at PHCs. Vaccines shall be administered by the staff of PHC. ANM's shall not be drafted for this duty as they are already engaged in vaccination at Village / Ward Secretariats.
5. For staff (both medical and non-medical) working in health Institutions, vaccines shall be administered in the respective institutions only.
6. PHC Medical Officer and the Superintendents of the other hospitals shall be responsible for providing precaution dose to all the staff working under his / her jurisdiction.
7. Special drive for precaution dose for Front Line Workers (FLWs) will be done from 12 January and 13 January.
8. Front line workers including Ward Volunteers of Municipal Administration and Urban Development Department (MA&UD) shall be vaccinated at all Municipal Commissioner Offices in the State.