Tirupati: Over 28 girl students of Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya (KGBV) were taken ill after consuming contaminated food. The students complained of diarrhea and stomach pain and were shifted to the hospital. The incident happened on November 17 at Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya (KGBV) in Veeraballi of Annamayya district.
Preliminary reports said contaminated meals were served to the students which led to food poisoning. The condition of one student worsened and she was shifted to the general hospital in Rayachoti. The school houses 240 students.
According to the sources, the school consumes around 30 liters of milk. On Thursday night, the students were served curd chutney (made from milk). Students alleged that the mess had served contaminated milk, which led to food poisoning.
Soon after the incident, the students and parents protested demanding action against school authorities. District Education Officer Raghava Reddy and DMHO Kondayya visited the hospital and spoke to the students.
District Collector PS Girisha has ordered an inquiry into the incident for more details.