Jangaon: 20 KGBV students taken ill; lizard found in chutney

Twelve students were admitted to the Jangaon District Government Hospital for treatment.

By Newsmeter Network  Published on  28 Oct 2022 6:41 AM GMT
Jangaon: 20 KGBV students taken ill; lizard found in chutney

Over 20 students of Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya (KGBV) in Devaruppula village were taken ill after consuming contaminated food last night.

Students alleged that a lizard was found in the chutney served.

Twelve students were admitted to the Jangaon District Government Hospital for treatment.

Additional collector, Abdul Hameed told newsmeter, that the students are now stable, "They are recovering and will be discharged soon" he said.

This is the second incident reported in the district in the past two months. In September, over forty kids at a State-run residential school in Wardhannapet fell ill after consuming contaminated food.

Next Story
Share it