- Close to 80 Member of parliament have not submitted their report, ten months being elected.
- A majority of them are from Andhra Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Maharasthra and Tamil Nadu.
Hyderabad: Fifteen parliamentarians from Andhra Pradesh, that is, thirteen from the ruling YSRC and two from Telugu Desam party have not submitted their election expenditure report, as per the mandate.
Under the law, an elected member of parliament has to keep a separate account and submit the expenses report with the Election Commission of India, within 90 days of Lok Sabha elections. However, ten months in power, close to 80 elected MPs have failed to submit their reports.
The list MP from Andhra Pradesh who have violated the norm includes, Araku YSRC MP Goddeti Madhavi, Vishakapatnam MP M V V Satyanarayana, representing Anakapalle Dr Beesetti Venkata Satyavarthi. Parliamentarian K Raghu Rama Krishna Raju, Chief Minister’s cousin and Kadapa MP Y S Avinash Reddy and YSRC floor leader in Lok Sabha MP P Mithun Reddy.
From the Telugu Desam Party, Srikakulam MP Rammohannaidu Kinjarapu features in the list .
Unlike AP, all elected MPs from Telangana have followed the norm. However, in the case of first -time elected Nizamabad BJP MP Aravind Dharmapuri and TRS parliamentarian Kotha Prabhakar Reddy, few essential documents are missing from the report, said the team of Association of democratic reforms, an election watch body.
Speaking to NewsMeter, Professor Jagdeep S Chhokar, a founding member of Association for Democratic Reforms (ADR), said “The limit on election expenditure by candidates contesting in the Lok Sabha elections are farcical because there is no limit on the expenditure a political can incur. In any case, most candidates in parliament elections declare cost falsely much below the actual amount spent.
He further adds, During 2009 Lok Sabha elections, ADR analysed the affidavits of 6573 MPs out of which 5719 declared that they have 45-55 % of the limit which is obviously wrong. The same may can be anticipated’.
YSRCP Parliamentarians from AP who have not submitted their election expenditure report:
1. Araku MP Goddeti Madhavi,
2. Vishakapatnam MP M V V Satyanarayana
3. Anakapalle MP Dr Beesetti Venkata Satyavarthi.
4. Narsapuram MP K Raghu Rama Krishna Raju
5. Kadapa MP Y S Avinash Reddy
6. Rajampet MP P Mithun Reddy
7. Chittor R. Reddepa
8. Tirupati- B. Durga Prasad Rao
9. Ongole MP M. Srinivasa Reddy
10. Nandyal MP P Brahmananda Reddy
11. Kurnool MP Dr Sanjeev Kumar
12. Nellor MP A. Prabhakar Reddy
13. Narasarapet MP Sri Krishna Devayalayu
From the Telugu Desam Party
1. Srikakulam MP Rammohannaidu Kinjarapu.