Hyderabad: The Telangana State cabinet has decided to impose a partial lockdown in the state for a period of 10 days beginning May 12, 2021.
A statement issued from the Chief Minister's officer said, "The state cabinet has decided to implement the lockdown for 10 days from 10 a.m. on Wednesday, May 12. The Cabinet decided that all activities would be allowed every day from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m.The cabinet decided to call for global tenders for the purchase of the vaccine".
This is a developing story
States and Union Territories under lockdown
1. Karnataka Chief Minister B.S Yediyurappa announced lockdown-like restrictions with more stringent curbs from 10 to 24 May to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
2. Tamil Nadu imposed a total lockdown from 10 May amid a surge in COVID-19 cases.
3. Kerala went under lockdown from 8 May. Only essential services are permitted in the state. The lockdown will be in place till 16 May.
4. On 3 May, Andhra Pradesh announced it will impose a partial curfew in the state for 14 days from 5 May. All shops will be open from 6 a.m to 12 p.m with Section 144 in force and only emergency services will be allowed from there on.
5. Telangana has imposed a partial lockdown for 10 days beginning May 12, all essentials will be allowed between 6 am to 10 am.
6. The Delhi government has made two-week quarantine mandatory for people coming from Andhra Pradesh and Telangana after a new variant of COVID virus was detected in the two states.
7. Maharastra has imposed a complete lockdown till 15 May.