Hyderabad: Amid a surge in COVID-19 cases, the central government announced that all citizens above the age of 18 will be inoculated from May 1.
Currently, only people above the age of 45, healthcare, and frontline workers are being administered the vaccine. However, everyone above the age of 18 will be eligible to get the vaccine from May 1.
It will be mandatory to register through CoWIN portal or Aarogya Setu app to get a COVID-19 vaccine jab, the official said on April 25.
Registrations on the CoWIN portal and Aarogya Setu app will begin today, April 28 at 4 pm. Here is how citizens in the 18-45 age group can register for the vaccine on CoWin portal and Aarogya Setu app.
How To Register Through CoWin Portal?
1. Log on to www.cowin.gov.in
2. Enter your mobile number & Get an OTP to create your account
3. Enter the OTP and click on the "Verify" button
4. You will be directed to the registration of the vaccination' page. On this page, there will be an option to choose one photo ID proof
5. Fill in your name, age, gender and upload an identity document
6. Click on the "Register" button
7. Once the registration is completed; the system will show the "Account Details"
8. Registered applicant can add three more people linked with this mobile number by clicking on the "Add More" button
9. Click on the 'Schedule appointment' button.
10. Search a vaccination center of choice by state, district, block, and pin code
11. Date and availability will also be displayed. Click on the 'book' button
12. On successful completion of booking, you will receive a message. That confirmation details will have to be shown at the vaccination center
How to register using the Aarogya Setu app on Android, iOS
1. Download and Install Aarogya Setu app for Android and iOS phones
2. Register yourself on Aarogya Setu app using the on-screen instructions
3. Click on the 'Vaccination' tab.
4. Enter your mobile number and verify it via the OTP.
5. Now, register for vaccination by filling up the required details.
Please remember, when going for vaccination
1. Please Carry the Photo ID card mentioned in your appointment details for vaccination
2. If you have any comorbidities, please carry a medical certificate with you for the vaccination appointment.
3. You can also call the CoWIN helpline number 1075 for any additional details