Hyderabad: The counting of votes polled during the GHMC elections will begin at 8 AM on 4th December and it will continue till completion of counting of votes, declaration of results', said the Telangana state election commission.
GHMC polls counting is being taken up in 30 locations/centers spread across 166 halls. For each ward, 1 counting hall has been provided and in each counting hall 14 tables are arranged. "Poll of GHMC elections took place peacefully on 1st December without any major incidents except small skirmishes. Polls were conducted across 149 wards. While re-election has been announced at old Malakpet due wrongly printed ballot paper. Fresh poll for this ward will be conducted from 7.00 AM to 6.00 PM on 3rd December" officials said.
The SEC explained that, In each counting hall 1 returning Officer / assistant returning officer will supervise the process. For each counting location 1 counting observer is appointed to oversee the counting process. Each contesting candidate can appoint 1 counting agent for each counting table.The counting process in each hall is monitored via CC TV camera.
"With regard to "doubtful votes", the decision of the returning officer is final.For recounting of votes, if any, the candidate may give request to officer in writing before declaration of results, at an appropriate time, after Returning Officer announces candidate wise valid votes" the SEC said.
In the event of equality of votes, by two or more candidates, the result will be declared by drawl of lots by the Returning Office concerned.
1.For each ward, 14 counting tables are arranged, the candidate may appoint one counting agent for each counting table.
2.No relief agent will be provided for counting of votes.
3. Mobiles are not allowed inside the counting hall.
4. All the counting agents shall collect passes/badges in advance from the Returning Officer concerned. No person shall be allowed without valid identity.
5. Postal Ballot will be counted first.
6. After completion of counting of postal ballots, then polling station wise regular ballot papers are counted.
7. Either candidate or his election agent or additional counting agent is only allowed at the returning officers table.