Hyderabad: The Telangana Rashtra Samithi received a whopping Rs 182.77 crore as party’s contribution in the financial year 2018-19, a jump by Rs 179 crore. Electoral bonds raised in Hyderabad turned out to be the pink party’s highest donor with Rs 141. 50 Crore received from bonds.
Interestingly, a huge sum of money, that is 75 % came from back-door funders in the form of electoral bonds.
While India's richest electoral trust ‘Prudent’, the electoral funding body that donated Rs 27 crore to YSRC Party and Rs 25 crore to TDP, ended up as TRS party’s 2nd top donor. The Prudent gave K. T Rama Rao led TRS party Rs 16 crore in the same financial year, the 2nd highest received from a single entity.
NewsMeter accessed the TRS party’s account statement submitted to the Election Commission on November 6th. The contribution reports revealed that, in total TRS received 182 Cr. 77, its income has only superseded its previous year’s contributor but has out beaten that of TDP’s and TRS’s revenue flow.
Interestingly, Hyderabad is the fourth highest donor to political parties, in the form of electoral bonds. The city has raised bonds worth Rs 838 Crore between March 2018 to October 2019. It goes without saying that out of the Rs 838 Crore bonds purchased in Hyderabad, Rs 141. 50 crore was raised for the TRS party.
Unlike the previous terms, a majority of TRS contributors are Infrastructure companies, based in Hyderabad and not individual. The only TRS minister turned contributor is Labour minister Ch Malla Reddy who donated Rs 1 crore as party fund. The minister’s name featured as a donor in the previous list. Totally TRS received 182 Cr.
Top TRS funders
1. Electoral bonds Rs 141. 50 Crore
2. Prudent Electoral Trust : Rs 16. 50 Crore
3. G. V Bhaskar Rao from Tarbund : Rs 3 Crore
4. M/s Gland Celsius Bio-Chemicals Private limited: Rs 1 Crore
5. Hotel Park Continental: Rs 1 Crore
6. Raghava Constructions : Rs 2 Crore
7. Sri Venkateshwara Enterprises : Rs 2 Crore
8. TRS Minister Ch Malla Reddy Rs . 1 Crore
9. Aero space technology limited: Rs 1 Crore
10. S. Saroja Venkat Anand : Rs 1 Crore