Two die, five injured after getting electric shock while placing Ganesh idol in Surat

By Bhartendu Sharma  Published on  28 Aug 2019 4:52 PM GMT
Two die, five injured after getting electric shock while placing Ganesh idol in Surat

Kolkata: In a tragic incident reported from Baruch near Surat in Gujarat, two persons lost their lives while five where severely injured after receiving an electric shock during the installation of a huge Lord Ganesha idol.

The incident took place on Tuesday in Ankleshwar when the idol came in touch with the overhead high-tension wire.

More than a dozen youths were entering the town with the giant idol from Surat, but little did they know that their celebratory mood would turn into a tragic incident.

The mast of the idol touched the overhead high voltage wire and in no time the young boys fell on the ground after receiving electric jolts. This led to a panic situation, which left two dead.

The deceased have been identified as Amit Solanki and Kunal Patel. Despite several attempts from the friends, both Amit and Kunal couldn't be saved.

Meanwhile, the injured have been admitted to the hospital and are undergoing treatment.

Next Story
Share it