Do you wish to go back to your slimmer self with a flat tummy? Well! It is not tough anymore! Before we tell you how, you must know that your unhealthy lifestyle could be the cause of the excess fat around your stomach. Yoga offers the perfect solution to reduce belly fat, and it is a proven way to get a healthy body and a happy mind! Try these asanas of yoga for a flat belly for men and women and watch your tummy shed the flab!
Yoga for Flat Belly:
Some of the best yoga poses for belly fat are,
Utkatasana is otherwise called the ‘chair pose.’ It is the perfect asana to strengthen the muscles of the abdomen, buttocks, and thighs. This pose stimulates the diaphragm, abdominal organs, and the heart.
- Stand straight with feet slightly apart
- Stretch your arms out, ensuring that your palms are facing downwards.
- Do not bend your elbows.
- Bend knees pushing your pelvis down so that it would seem as if you are sitting on an imaginary chair.
- Hold this pose for a minute.
- Go down smoothly and sit down.
- This yoga for tummy fat gives you a slim tummy within 4-5 weeks.
Naukasana is otherwise called the boat pose. This asana helps you lose fat around the waist, strengthens the muscles of the back and leg muscles. Apart from helping to lose belly fat, it improves digestion, strengthens the abdominal muscles, improves blood circulation, etc.
- To do this, you must lie on your back, keep hands on the sides and keep legs together
- Inhale and lift your legs as high as possible keeping them straight
- Now lift your arms to touch the toes and form a 45-degree angle
- Stay in this pose for some time before returning to the original position
- Repeat this yoga for a flat belly five times daily to reduce belly fat daily to give you a slimmer tummy in 30-35 days.
3. Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward facing dog):
Adho Mukha Svanasana is where the body resembles a relaxing and stretching dog pose. This pose helps to boost energy and increases your metabolic rate. It is an excellent yoga asana for the belly and keeps the muscles of your abdomen engaged at all times.
- You have to get down to your four limbs and create a table like position
- Exhale as you lift your hips and straighten the legs and arms to form an inverted ‘ V’ shape
- Keep toes pointing straight forward with your hands shoulder-width apart
- Hold this pose for a minute and take long breaths
- Come back to the original position
- Do this yoga for flat stomach five times a day to reduce belly fat in a month.
Bhujangasana one of the few asanas of yoga that brings benefits to the entire body from toes to the head. This asana effectively burns abdominal fat. Maintaining this posture for an extended period works best on the whole abdominal region. It regulates the body’s metabolic process and helps with obesity, solves weight issues, and finally aids in getting a flatter stomach.
- Lie on your stomach by holding your legs together
- Keep a gap of 1 – 2 feet between the legs and place your palms beside your shoulder
- Allow the head to rest on the ground and try to look up while inhaling and see the roof
- Maintain this position with steady inhalation and exhalation up to a minute
- Return to the original position
- Repeat this yoga exercise to reduce belly fat five times on a routine basis and get a slimmer stomach in 35-40 days
This yoga to reduce belly fat consists of a stand and bend forward position and is helpful to lose abdominal fat. It is considered a vital posture for physical stretching. It helps one to feel lighter and more energized. It is also known to slow the heartbeat, relieving both mental and physical exhaustion.
- Keep legs at hip-width apart. As you inhale, lift your arms slowly and stretch your body
- Exhale and bend the trunk from hips slowly until you can reach your feet
- Elbows must remain slightly bent, pointing outwards and loosen shoulders and allow the arms to relax
- The knees must remain straight. If possible, bring the forehead between the knees
- Take deep breaths. Do this asana three times for five breaths
- This will increase your flexibility and reduce belly fat. It will help you reach your goal within a month.
6. Chakrasana (Wheel pose):
This Asana, when practiced regularly, will strengthen the muscles of the abdomen.
- Place heels close to your hips on a yoga mat with your knees bent
- Now raise your arms folding your elbows
- Rest palms with your fingers, pointing to the shoulders next to your ears
- Press feet into the floor and push the tailbone away from the ground
- Keep arms and inner feet parallel to the ground and lift the head up slowly.
- Straighten arms and form the pose of a wheel
- Look at the ground holding pose for 30 seconds
- Chakrasana will give you a flat belly within two months if practiced daily.
This pose is beneficial for those who want to get rid of the unsightly bulge in the stomach. Try repeating this asana as many times as possible.
- Lie flat on the back and stretch the legs
- Take deep breaths, exhale, and bend the knees
- Lift the legs until pressed by the thighs
- Use exhalation to lift the hips from the floor, place the hands on the hips
- Give support by bending the arms at the elbows. Lift the trunk such that the chest touches the chin
- Only the back of the head, shoulders, neck, and arms should rest on the ground. Exhale with toes pointing up, stretching, and straightening the legs
- You can remain for five minutes in this position with normal breathing. Gradually return to the original position
- Do this effective belly fat burning asana daily to get a flatter stomach in three-four weeks.
Setubandhasana or the bridge pose is an excellent yoga pose to trim the fat of the stomach and strengthen the core muscles. It also helps to tone the thighs, enhance flexibility, and strengthens muscles of the shoulders.
- Lie on the back with your knees bent and your feet flat
- Keep your arms by your side
- Use your arms to lift your pelvis off the floor to the ceiling while the neck and head are still flat on the ground
- Hold this asana for five steady breaths
- This yoga for burning belly fat is extremely beneficial and helps you reach your goal soon.
9. Kapalbhati Pranayama:
One of the best tummy reduction yoga asanas is the Kapalbhati breathing exercise. The benefits include weight loss of the belly. The ideal thing for a beginner to do would be to do this Kapalbhati Pranayama slowly for a minute, but after practice, as per your stamina, one can practice it for 10 to 45 minutes.
- Sit straight on the ground with legs folded and close your eyes
- Rest the palms on the knees.
- Now take a deep breath and inhale so that the stomach goes inside
- Do not inhale with much effort
- Repeat this every 5 minutes and slowly increase the time and the speed while practicing should be average
- The Kapalbhati Pranayama asana will make you lose belly fat within three to five weeks.
10. Baddha Konasana (Cobbler Pose):
This is a simple exercise for weight loss that even beginners can perform correctly. This asana tones the lower part of the body by stimulating the abdominal muscles.
- Start with a sitting posture with legs stretched out
- Begin by bending the knees and bringing them closer to the pelvis
- During this asana, keep your feet together and do this asana for 5 minutes
- Exercise caution if you have suffered a groin injury
- Among yoga positions to reduce belly fat, Cobbler pose can help in belly reduction within a month
Regular adherence to practicing these yoga asanas to reduce belly fat along with a balanced meal will go a long way in losing those extra pounds around your belly. Ensure that you hold a pose for a few seconds before moving to the next one and do not overexert while doing any asana. Never forget that practice makes you perfect. Please do let us know which asana suited you the best and helped you shed those extra pounds! Happy Posing!