Flatulence is a common malady that happens to most of us. Sometimes gulping food or drinking fluids can lead to swallowing of excess air leading to a build-up of gas, farting, or flatulence. If it happens regularly, then it could be a symptom of a severe disorder like hormonal imbalance, lactose intolerance, or some bowel obstruction. The normal tendency for most of us is to pop pills to alleviate our symptoms. Let us now look at a few ideal solutions like resorting to natural solutions like home remedies for bad smelling gas and farting, as discussed in this article.
10 Best Home Remedies for Farting Too Much:
Ingredients: Ginger, lemon juice
Ginger is the first thing that comes to one’s mind when there is discomfort due to indigestion. It is common to drink ginger tea for any ailment related to indigestion. It is very easy to prepare this remedy. It is excellent in treating all kinds of digestive troubles.
- Add grated ginger to boiling water.
- Let it steep for a while.
- This can be cooled, strained
- Consume this after adding a few drops of lemon juice to it.
2. Lime and Baking Soda:
Ingredients: Lime juice, Baking Soda
Drink this immediately after your meals because it helps in creating carbon dioxide, which expedites the digestion process. The reason why baking soda helps with digestion is that it contains flavonoids. The acid in the stomach is rendered ineffective and helps easy digestion of food.
- Mix in 1 spoon of lime juice and half a spoon of bicarbonate of soda with a cup of water
- Lemon has citric acid that helps with digestion, and baking soda neutralizes the acid in the stomach.
3. Asafoetida (Heeng):
Asafoetida is a spice found in the kitchens of most Indian households and has a unique taste. It plays a crucial role in helping to get rid of flatulence. This remedy will help us in getting rid of bloating and gas, as well as the cramps and flatulence that accompanies it.
- Make a thick paste with water.
- Apply asafoetida thickly on the stomach
- Rub it slowly right from your navel going outwards.
- Allow it to dry completely.
4. Ajwain or Carom Seeds:
Ingredients: Ajwain/Carom Seeds
Ajwain seeds help with digestion because of the thymol it contains, and this helps with digestion. Organic caraway seeds reduce flatulence. Ensure that you add it to recipes that have vegetables known to produce gas. These measures can get rid of problems such as flatulence and bloating in a jiffy.
- Just half a teaspoon of carom seeds with water is excellent for digestion.
- Chew a few seeds, followed by a glass of water, and one can feel all the discomfort ebbing away.
Ingredients: Jeera and water.
Another popular home remedy would be to drink jeera water for any problems with digestion. Jeera water is the immediate go-to remedy for discomfort and uneasiness caused by indigestion. The enzymes in jeera help digestion.
- All that is required is to add a teaspoon of jeera to hot water
- Let this steep for a while
- After it cools, one can strain and drink this for immediate relief from indigestion.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar:
Ingredients: Apple Cider Vinegar
The apple cider vinegar contains certain digestive enzymes that help with digestion. This will go a long way in preventing discomfort and the feeling of fullness in your stomach. Though there are umpteen treatments available to treat problems with digestion, ACV has proved to be very useful in solving most stomach issues related to digestion.
- Add a tablespoon of ACV to your water
- It can also be added to any beverage that you are drinking
Cinnamon has always been a popular remedy for indigestion problems and a common home remedy. Having a glass of cinnamon tea goes a long way in easing all your digestion problems.
- Mix in a spoon of cinnamon powder to a glass of hot water
- Allow it to steep for a while.
- After it cools, strain this
- Drink this tea to give you relief from stomach discomfort due to digestion problems.
8. Fennel Seeds:
Ingredients: Fennel Seeds
Fennel is a known remedy for all problems related to digestion. It is a common practice among us to chew some fennel after a meal. Fennel helps to reduce stomach discomfort due to digestion issues, and this is very beneficial, especially after consuming a heavy meal. Even babies are given gripe water made with fennel seeds to ease their stomach troubles. It is effortless to make this remedy.
- Crush some fennel seeds
- Add it to boiling water.
- After it cools, strain this
- Drink this water to bid goodbye to all your stomach issues.
Parsley commonly found in most kitchens, and freshly chopped ones are incredibly beneficial. They can be added to most recipes and enhance the flavor of the dish. Parsley helps in digestion too. It has several other benefits like increasing one’s appetite, increases the production of urine, and helps in easy digestion of food. Parsley tea can help in providing instant relief from all digestion discomfort and prevent bloating. It even helps to remove water retention from our bodies.
- Chop some fresh parsley
- Meanwhile, boil some water
- Once the water boils, pour it on top of the chopped parsley
- Allow it to steep for 4 minutes
- Now strain and consume this.
Triphala is considerably helpful in dealing with a gassy stomach. Triphala has several health benefits. It not only improves the health of our GI tract, but it is also beneficial for our liver. It helps to remove all the toxins from our body. It helps flatulence by helping with our digestion. It helps to stimulate bile production. This remedy improves and strengthens the rectal muscles. Ensure that you do not take this in excess as Triphala is high in fiber and may cause bloating when taken in excess.
- Take half a teaspoon of Triphala
- Add it to a vessel of boiling water
- Allow it to steep for 5-10 minutes
- Cool and consume this before going to bed.
Prevention is simpler than cure, and this is rightly so in everyday issues like flatulence. All we need is to implement a few changes in our lifestyle. These go a long way to save us from pain and discomfort. Apart from home remedies, there are some easy-to-do lifestyle changes such as slowly chewing our food while eating, consuming smaller meals frequently, and walking after a meal. Including probiotics like yogurt also go a long way to avoid uncomfortable symptoms of flatulence and are beneficial for our digestive health. Try these remedies and let us know how you feel!