If you are among those who have always wanted to do body sculpting exercises without investing in fancy gym equipment, then do not worry as we have you covered. We show you in this article ways and techniques to develop an excellent and effective fat-burning routine. These exercises show you how to get a toned body at home and also make a body-toning routine thoroughly enjoyable experience for you.
10 Simple Exercises to Get Toned Body at Home:
1. Bicycle Crunches:
This is a wonderful exercise to get rid of those unsightly love handles and keep our waists well-toned and slim. It also helps to burn excess abdominal fat and gives us great-looking abs. You do not need any additional equipment for this exercise. This exercise is a useful way of how you can tone your lower body.
- Lie flat on the ground
- Keep your hands near your head as shown in the image
- Let the knees remain folded
- Try to raise and touch your left knee with your right elbow
- Do the same thing on the other side
2. Jumping Squats:
Today with an unhealthy lifestyle and poor food habits, we all need a regular exercise routine to keep us fit. A fit body is everyone’s dream, and jumping squats helps us achieve just that. It shows how to tone your body and give it a complete workout. It works actively on both your lower and upper body and tones our glutes, hamstrings, and calves.
- Stand erect on a stable surface with feet hip-width apart
- Jump as high as you can
- Bend your knees (45 degrees) as you come down to a squatting position
- Jump again
3. Standing Lunges:
You do not have to go to a gym to keep fit. There are so many exercises on how to tone your body that can be done comfortably at home. Standing lunge is one such exercise that works best on the muscles of your lower body. It primarily works on core muscles and benefits those who have tight hip flexors. They help you maintain balance and focus.
- Stand straight holding your body erect
- Keep your shoulders straight
- As you lower your hips, take a step forward
- Go down until both your knees bend as in the image.
4. Wall Push-ups:
Exercising is a terrific way to stay in shape, and doing it at home makes it all the easier for us. These are great toning exercises for the muscles of our body. This exercise is one of the oldest that most of us are familiar with, and it strengthens not only our upper body but the lower back too. It is a useful exercise to improve our strength and shows us how to tone our muscles.
- Stand erect with your feet shoulder-width apart
- Raise hands and place them on the wall in front of you
- Inhale and bend your elbows and lean forward
- Keep the feet flat on the ground
- Exhale and return to the original position.
5. Jumping Jack:
If you are earnest about your fitness and looking for an exercise that takes care of your entire body, then this is the ideal one for you. This exercise is a complete workout for the whole body from your glutes to your heart and lungs, and you can consider it as a warm-up exercise too!
- Keep your feet together and stand straight
- As you bend your knees jump and spread your legs with arms over your head
- Come back to the original position.
- Repeat the set.
6. Walking on the spot:
Nothing can be simpler than walking as an exercise. You just need good shoes and enough space in your home to do this. It helps to burn calories, and one of the best cardio exercises to keep our heart and lungs healthy. It tightens and makes our legs strong, and we can increase and decrease the time and pace according to our convenience.
- Raise your knee as high as you would while marching
- Alternate both feet
- It is almost as if you are marching.
7. Leg Lifts or Leg Raises:
These exercises are very effective in eliminating belly fat. If you are aiming at killer abs, then this is the one for you. It helps to make your lower abdomen strong and increases your overall strength. It helps to improve the range of motion of your hips.
- Lie on your back
- Place hands with palms facing down, by your side
- Raise your leg off the ground
- Hold for as long as you can
- Slowly lower and repeat with the other leg
8. Side Planks:
This is an excellent exercise for increasing your core strength. It increases the strength of your arms and shoulders, focuses on your balance, and makes your legs strong.
- Lie on the floor sideways
- Support your body weight on your right elbow and leg
- Keep your left leg above the right leg
- The hip must not touch the ground.
- Hold this posture for 25 seconds.
- Relax and repeat the exercise.
9. Standing Quadriceps Stretch:
This works well to improve your flexibility, stretches, and strengthens your legs. This exercise is similar to a warm-up exercise done before practicing sports and cycling. Ensure that your movements are smooth.
- Stand erect
- Keep feet apart at shoulder length.
- Hold a chair or table for support
- Now pull your leg up
- Hold for a few seconds
- Go back to the original position
- Repeat with the other leg.
10. On the Spot Jogging:
This exercise may seem simple, but this is one of the best cardio exercises one can incorporate into their exercise routine. What makes it a favorite is that you can do it indoors irrespective of weather changes, be it hot or cold.
- Lift your knees higher as you jog in place
- This exercise will increase your heart rate
- You can do this for 30 minutes.
There are many precautions you should take care of before commencing any exercise routine.
- Ensure that you do not eat a heavy meal before your workout session, as you may get cramps and will have difficulty in performing your exercises
- Avoid exercising on an empty stomach. Eat something like nuts or fruit before exercising
- Avoid painkillers. If unavoidable, then opt for moderate or light workouts.
- Stay away from alcohol as it not only dehydrates your body but can cause you to have an injury and impair your reflexes too.
We hope this article shows you how to get a toned body within the comfort of your home. So keeping fit and exercising need not always mean expensive gym bills and equipment. Please do share with us your experience and as to how best these exercises helped you.